Mercury Filling Removal.
Why do we detoxify before and after the removal of mercury fillings?
The holistic approach is that ill-health is the ineffective elimination of cellular toxins and compromised immune systems. As toxins accumulate, they block the cellular ability to receive oxygen, nourishment, energy and eliminate waste. Thus, a chronic inflammatory state in the system as toxins get embedded more profound in the cells and create symptoms of chronic systemic inflammation. Therefore, a manifestation of ill health is the collection of numerous toxins in a person's body.
Some contributing factors for many of our systemic health challenges are oral infections such as; decayed teeth, gum disease, toxic leaking metal fillings, especially mercury fillings, untreated mouth ulcers, sinus and tonsil infections.
Our approach is to assess( integrative medicine department) to determine the level of toxic burden. Then, after deciding your toxic load, a program is tailored to meet your specific needs.
Detoxification and immune support are advisable for at least two weeks before removing amalgam fillings during the removal period and should continue for at least one month after the process.
Would you please inform our clinic if you are already on a detoxification program with another healthcare professional?
Mercury Filling Removal Protocol.
- Removing amalgam fillings generates heat, which increases the release of mercury, both as a vapour and in amalgam particles, during the entire removal process. Therefore, we use safe protocols such as cooling the drilling instruments with water and air to reduce the mercury vapour the filling releases.
- Minimally drilling is done to cut the filling into chunks and remove it by hand instrumentation and suction.
- We use a high-volume vacuum evacuator that helps capture the mercury vapour and particles together with a continuous flow of air and water.
- We use special ultraviolet light and particulate removal systems in our treatment area, which is crucial for the patient's health, dentist, assistant, and other office personals.
- We use a rubber dam to isolate during amalgam removal procedures.Using a rubber dam during the removal of old and especially mercury fillings reduces the amount of mercury vapour inhaled through the mouth and makes it easier to dispose of the filling material, and prevents amalgam particles from being swallowed.
- We measure all clients' oxygen levels and resting heart rate before starting treatment and incorporate oxygen as part of pre-treatment as necessary.